Skip directly to content

Parish Council Minutes - Wednesday, 21st February 2018

on Thu, 22/03/2018 - 7:15pm

SPARSHOLT PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of Meeting of Sparsholt Parish Council held on

 

Wednesday 21st February 2018 at Griffin Memorial Hall starting at 7.30pm

 

Present: Councillors Comyn (Chairman of the meeting), Barnes, Brown and Downie, the Clerk and RFO and 6 parishioners.

 

 

 

 

ACTION

1

Apologies:  Cllr Williams.

 

2

Declaration of Acceptance of Office, Declarations of Interest & Reminder of the Code of Conduct:  None.

 

3

  Minutes of the Meeting held on Wednesday 17th January and the Planning Meeting held 

  on Wednesday 31st January 2018: 

  Cllr Comyn proposed signing the Minutes of Wednesday 17th January as a true record,

  seconded by Cllr Barnes and agreed by all.  Cllr Comyn proposed signing the Minutes of the

  Planning Meeting held on Wednesday 31st January as a true record, seconded by Cllr Brown

  and agreed by all.

 

4

Matters Arising: 

  1. B4507 50 mph speed restriction update:  Cllr Comyn has a copy of the Department of Transport “Speed Limit Appraisal Tool User Guidance” which he will read through to check the criteria for reducing the speed limit to 50 mph.  The B4507 is being used more as a cut through.  A parishioner felt that 50 mph was too fast but this is a maximum speed, not an advisory speed.  Cllr Comyn to email DC & CC Constance for a copy of the 5 year accident report and a route map.
  2. Cemetery rules:  Cllr Comyn distributed copies of the revised Cemetery Rules and proposed acceptance of them, seconded by Cllr Downie and agreed by all.  The Cemetery Rules will be sent to Nick to publish on the website.
  3. Potholes:  The larger pot holes have been marked up and Cllr Comyn to email Lee Turner to find out when they will be repaired.
  4. Eastmanton Box hedge:  Cllr Comyn to email Lee Turner about this.
  5. Definitive Map:  Cllr Barnes is still to write to Arthur McEwan-James at OCC.  Angie Brown mentioned the email regarding the 32 applications to amend the legal record of public rights of way including the Ridgeway (OCC).  Vehicles were banned from the Ridgeway on the 6th May 2006 and OCC are asking for local evidence to help determine the application.  The proposal is to change the registration to a BOAT (Byway open to All Traffic), currently only farm vehicles and access is allowed.  Cllr Comyn stated that it would be helpful to read the original report from 2006.  Cllr Comyn is against the change and asked the other Parish Councillors their opinions, Cllr Barnes, Downie and Brown agreed and Cllr Brown added that the condition of the Ridgeway had improved since the vehicle ban in 2006.  Cllr Comyn offered to prepare the response and circulate before submitting, seconded by Cllr Barnes and agreed by all.  The deadline for submissions is the 20/03/18.
  6. Leaves of Broadbrook Lane:  Cllr Williams not present at the meeting to give an update.
  7. Tree on Church Way:  Cllr Brown reported that one of the trees on Church Way has died and that he was meeting Barry Jones to discuss on Friday.  The tree is owned by the Parish Council and Cllr Brown suggested that a new tree should be planted once the dead tree has been removed.

 

 

 

 

Cllr Comyn

 

 

Cllr Comyn

 

Cllr Comyn

Cllr Comyn

Cllr Barnes

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Coymn

 

Cllr Williams

 

 

Cllr Brown

5

Finance:

  1. Introduction of the new RFO:  Cllr Comyn thanked Jane Valentine for applying and proposed that a contract should be signed employing her, seconded by Cllr Downie and agreed by all.  A letter about the Pension scheme was given to both the Clerk and RFO but they both declined wanting to join the scheme.
  2. Finance report up to the 31st January 2018:  Cllr Comyn read through the report and justified the amount of reserves being held by the Parish Council.  Funds will be spent on the Cemetery rail once the quotes have been received and the War Memorial.  Cllr Barnes suggested a provision towards the speed reduction on the B4507.  The Notice Board in Sparsholt was also mentioned but this has been repaired and will be put back up nearer the fence.  Cllr Comyn proposed acceptance and signing of the finance report, seconded by Cllr Barnes and agreed by all.  Cllr Comyn initialled the bank statements.  Cllr Comyn handed over a cheque to the RFO for the internment of ashes.
  3. Approval of any payments to be made:  Clerks salary £64.91, payment proposed by Cllr Comyn, seconded by Cllr Barnes and agreed unanimously.
  4. Any other Finance matters:  None.

 

6

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Planning: 

Updates:

  1. P17/2713/HH 5 West Street, Sparsholt, OX12 9PR:  Proposed two storey rear extension.  No decision.  DC & CC Constance has called it into the Planning Committee.  A site visit was arranged following the Planning Committee hearing, no decision.
  2. P17/V3068/DIS (P15/V3041/FUL) Days House, Westcot, OX12 9QB:  Discharge of condition(s) 6 (drainage) of planning application P15/V3041/FUL Demolition of existing house on site, not Days House, dividing site and erection of new house attached to existing pool house.  Discharged, remove from Agenda.
  3. P17/V2786/FUL and P17/V2787/LB Westcot Farm Westcot, OX12 9QA:  Conversion of the existing listed barn into 2 no residential accommodations.  The Parish Council had a site visit and submitted objections to the amended planning application.  Cllr Comyn offered to contact the Planning Officer to check that the objections had been received.  Cllr Comyn concerned about the other large single storey, steel framed agricultural buildings and hoped that they would not be developed.  No decision.

  New Applications:  None.

 

7

Cemetery and Cemetery Rail:  Andrew Lucas attended the meeting to ask about the internment of his late mothers ashes. The family would like to do this in early July and requested the ploy next to his late Uncle.  This plot was agreed and will be reserved.  Andy will visit a stone mason and a draft will be sent to the Parish Council for approval. 

 

8

Correspondence Sheet:  Geoff Weighell from GAA emailed the Parish Council to check that they were consulted about the proposal to increase the airspace for London Oxford airport and Brize Norton.  The Clerk did not receive an email and was asked to respond to Geoff Weighell telling him that fact.  Cllr Comyn will read through the attached consultations.

An email was received from the CPRE regarding the Oxford-Cambridge expressway which will join the M4 to the M11.  The Parish Council are not concerned about this project.

 

 

Cllr Comyn

9

Any other business: 

  1. Nick Price asked Cllr Comyn that the Salt rota was updated and a copy sent to him to put on the website.  The Clerk offered to try to get an appeal for more volunteers added to the Newsletter.  Nick also commented that there was no grit left at Westcot Farm, only bags of salt.  Angie Brown said that there was some grit at Georges Green and that she would bring some back for Nick.  More grit will be ordered in advance of next winter.  Angie Brown said that the yellow salt bins needed refilling and that the remainder in the bottom would need to be broken up first.  Originally each member of the salt rota had their own dustbin.

 

Cllr Comyn

The Clerk

10

Dates of Next Meetings: Parish Council meetings Wednesdays 21st March, 18th April and the AGM 16th May 2018 all starting at 7.30pm at the Griffin Memorial Hall.

The Parish Council may need to change this date as necessary.

 

 

Meeting closed at 8.48pm.

Minutes prepared by Mrs D Lewis-Pryde, Parish Clerk

Signed........................................................................................Date.......................................................

SPC 21st February 2018