Skip directly to content

Give Blood - Friday, 3rd November

on Fri, 03/11/2017 - 1:00pm

96% of us rely on the other 4% to give blood - don't leave it to someone else. If you’re generally healthy and aged between 17 and 65, you can probably donate.

The next donation session at The Beacon, Wantage (click <here> for a map) is on Friday, 3rd November between 13.15-15.30 & 16.15-19.15.

Parking at The Beacon, Wantage is free for the first 2 hours (with a free 'pay & display' ticket). For your trouble, you'll enjoy a complimentary cup of tea and selection of biscuits, alongside the satisfaction of knowing that you're actively helping others.

Can you give blood?

Most people can give blood, but before the NHS can accept your blood they need to ensure there's no risk of harming you or the patients who will receive it. Use the below links to the Give Blood website to see if you are eligible to give blood:-

From February 2012, male blood donors can increase frequency of donating to a maximum of 4 times in 12 months at an interval of not less than 12 weeks.

Register as a blood donor:-

Giving blood is quick, easy and most importantly, it saves lives. Simply fill in the form by clicking <here> to register your interest in becoming a blood donor or to come along to a session near you.

Learn more by visiting the Blood Donation service website:-

  • www.blood.co.uk
  • or by calling 0300-123-23-23 (calls are normally charged at your providers (eg BT) local rate).

Are you an existing blood donor?

If so, you can jump to your own secure Blood Donor login page here:-