Skip directly to content

diary

Phill Jupitus at The Beacon - Friday, 23rd March at 8pm

on Fri, 23/03/2018 - 7:58pm

Phill Jupitus: Juplicity
Friday 23 March | 8.00pm | Bar open from 7.00pm
£15 tickets
14+ (Parental Guidance) Likely to be bad language and adult contentAdult themes and situations, but delivered childishly.

Join stand-up comedian, poet, improviser, and TV stalwart Phill Jupitus for over an hour of tales, laughs and diversions. Watch in delight and/or horror as this experienced funny man drags laughs out of the chaos of his own life and the uncertain world that surrounds it. 

Phill became a familiar face when he started as team captain on BBC2’s pop quiz Never Mind The Buzzcocks in 1996, which

Tags: 

NT Live at The Beacon - Julius Caesar - Thursday, 22nd March at 7pm

on Thu, 22/03/2018 - 7:00pm

National Theatre Live: Julius Caesar
Thursday 22 March | 7.00pm
Tickets: £15
Running Time: TBC
Box Office: 01235 763 456

Ben Whishaw (The Danish Girl, Skyfall, Hamlet) and Michelle Fairley (Fortitude, Game of Thrones) play Brutus and Cassius, David Calder (The Lost City of Z, The Hatton Garden Job) plays Caesar and David Morrissey (The Missing, Hangmen, The Walking Dead) is Mark Antony. Broadcast live from The Bridge Theatre, London.

Caesar returns in triumph to Rome and the people pour out of their homes to celebrate.

Tags: 

NT Live at The Beacon - Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Thursday, 22nd February at 7pm

on Thu, 22/02/2018 - 7:00pm

National Theatre Live - Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Thursday 22 February | 7.00pm
Tickets: £15
Running Time: TBC
Box Office: 01235 763 456

Tennessee Williams’ twentieth century masterpiece Cat on a Hot Tin Roof played a strictly limited season in London’s West End in 2017. Following his smash hit production of A Streetcar Named Desire, Benedict Andrews’ ‘thrilling revival’ (New York Times) stars Sienna Miller alongside, Jack O’Connell and Colm Meaney.

On a steamy night in Mississippi, a Southern family gather at their cotton plantation to celebrate Big Daddy’s birthday.

Tags: 

Introduction to Upholstery - 31st January, 9.30am - 2.30pm

on Wed, 31/01/2018 - 8:30am

Tags: 

Give Blood - Wednesday, 17th January

on Wed, 17/01/2018 - 1:00pm

96% of us rely on the other 4% to give blood - don't leave it to someone else. If you’re generally healthy and aged between 17 and 65, you can probably donate.

The next donation session at The Beacon, Wantage (click <here> for a map) is on Wednesday, 17th January between 13.15-15.30 & 16.15-19.15.

Parking at The Beacon, Wantage is free for the first 2 hours (with a free 'pay & display' ticket). For your trouble, you'll enjoy a complimentary cup of tea and selection of biscuits, alongside the satisfaction of knowing that you're actively helping others.

Can you give blood?

Most people

Tags: 

Holiday activity ideas for children and families

on Wed, 27/12/2017 - 9:00am

Some web links with ideas for holiday activities for children and families (in alphabetical order):-

Tags: 

Bank holiday waste collections 2017/18

on Tue, 26/12/2017 - 6:30pm
Tags: 

LOCAL: Sparsholt & Westcot Footpath Walk - Boxing Day, 26th December at 11am

on Tue, 26/12/2017 - 10:00am

Planned Sparsholt & Westcot Footpath Walks are listed below - everyone welcome!

  • Boxing Day - Barbara

Contact Ian on  07880 331331 or barnesjian@gmail.com for further details.

See also the Footpath Walkers dedicated page on this site Groups > Footpath Walkers













 

Tags: 

LOCAL: Christmas Day Carol Service - Monday, 25th December at 10am

on Mon, 25/12/2017 - 10:00am

The Church of the Holy Rood Christmas carol service is an opportunity for the whole community to celebrate together on Christmas Day.

Bring the whole family!

Monday, 25th December at 10am, Sparsholt Church of the Holy Rood.

Tags: 

Christmas Comedy - Friday, 22nd December at 8pm

on Fri, 22/12/2017 - 7:00pm

Johnny Cochrane | Tez Ilyas | Kate Lucas |Mo Gilligan

Join us for some festive fun with a fantastic line-up of some of Britain's hottest comic talent. Tez Ilyas achieved phenomenal success with his debut stand-up, with sell-out runs and his own Radio 4 series, with a second series coming this year. Award-winning musical comedian Kate Lucas is known for her razor-sharp dark humour. Mo Gilligan is one of the UK's fastest rising social media stars reaching mutliple millions. All hosted by the popular TV face and radio presenter (The Johnny & Inel Show), Johnny Cochrane.

  • Friday 22 Dec |
Tags: 

Pages